AI chat copilot in Excel who understands your workbook and assists with countless spreadsheet tasks.
"Spreadsheet AI" aims to be an AI-assisted software solution suite for a wide range of spreadsheet tasks. Currently, it mainly offers a chat copilot integrated into Excel, which provides the following features:
- An interactive chat copilot that can discuss any questions you may have.
- It can learn the contents of your workbook for a more collaborative experience.
- Over 20 spreadsheet example tasks that the chat copilot can accomplish.
You can ask the chat copilot anything related to Excel and spreadsheets, engage in conversations in your favorite language, and accomplish tasks in a step-by-step manner similar to working with ChatGPT. Additionally, we have developed built-in features to make the chat copilot better assist you in common spreadsheet tasks.
Import the contents of your workbook to the chat copilot
You can share your workbook's contents with the chat copilot. This enables both you and the chat copilot to refer directly to ranges or cells in your worksheet, such as "A1:D10" or "B2", during your conversations.
To do this, select a range in your worksheet and then click on
Import the Values of the Selection,
Import the Formulas of the Selection, or
Import Values & Formulas of the Selection. Once the content is imported, the chat copilot will be equipped to answer questions based on it. You can verify the imported content by asking questions like
give me the value of B2 or
give me the formulas of A1:D10, etc.
Over 20 example tasks
This versatile AI chat copilot allows you to accomplish countless spreadsheet tasks. To help you get started and make the most of its capabilities, we offer over 20 example tasks, such as data enrichment, data analysis, formula creation, and verification, among others.
IQ points and pricing
Interacting with the chat copilot requires the use of virtual IQ points.
- Welcome bonus IQ: every user will be automatically granted free welcome bonus IQ points to get started.
- Purchase IQ: users can buy packs of 150 IQ, 300 IQ, or 500 IQ for continued use.
Consumption of IQ points
The number of IQ points consumed by a request is calculated based on two factors:
- The total length of tokens of the prior dialogs, the current question, and the returned answer. The length of tokens is highly correlated with the length of the texts. Thus, the longer these texts are, the more IQ points the request will consume.
- The model consulted (either GPT-3.5 or GPT-4). For requests of the same length, GPT-3.5 consumes less IQ points than GPT-4.
- a knowledge question can cost 1 IQ point
- a data enrichment can cost 3 IQ points
- a data transformation can cost 5 IQ points
- a data analysis can cost 6 IQ points
Efficient use of IQ points
Here are some tips for using IQ points efficiently:
New chatfor each separate issue. When calculating the consumption of IQ points for a request, all prior dialogs in the same chat are taken into account. Therefore, subsequent requests in an ongoing chat are likely to consume more IQ points.
Use GPT-3.5 by default. If GPT-3.5 does not provide a satisfying answer, consider switching to GPT-4. Additionally, GPT-3.5 is much quicker than GPT-4; GPT-4 excels especially in tasks involving formulas.
Find solutions using small sets of data before applying them to larger sets. Sending a request with a large amount of data can be costly and is not always necessary. You can first send a request using a small subset of your data, collaborate with the chat copilot to find a solution, and then apply that solution to the full data set.
The add-in is compatible with a wide range of Excel versions, including Microsoft 365 business, personal, and family plans, as well as Office 2021, most licenses for Office 2019 and 2016. You have two options to install the add-in:
- Go to https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200006009, and click on "Get it now".
- In the Microsoft add-ins store in Excel, search "Spreadsheet AI", and click on "Add".
- Click the "Insert" tab (or "Home" tab for certain versions of Excel), and then click "My Add-ins".
- Under "My Add-ins", click the 3 dots menu next to the add-in you want to remove.
- Click "Remove".
- Read the notice that appears and click "Remove".