AI formula generation, AI formula explanation, and more integrated in a modern Formula Editor
AI is revolutionizing the way you work with spreadsheets. This add-in integrates AI features in modern Formula Editors and brings the power of AI to your fingertips to help you better create, understand and edit Excel formulas.
AI formula generation:
- When you don't know how to write a formula, you can describe it in natural languages, then ask the AI to generate the Excel formula.
- Formula Editor will help you validate the correctness of the formula. You can preview the result of the formula before adopting it.
AI formula explanation:
- Whenever you cannot understand a formula or a part of it, you can select it and ask AI to explain it.
- Formula Editor will provide its evaluation value. AI explanation can be easily triggered by the button, hovering, or shortcuts (Ctrl+K Ctrl+I), and seamlessly assist you in working with formulas.
Other features of Formula Editor:
- Formula formatting: automatically pretty-print a long and complex formula in several lines with appropriate with whitespace indentation and proper nesting.
- Error messages: point out on the fly the errors in a formula if they exist, explains the reason and proposes correction.
- Formula optimization: automatically identify in your formula the part that can be improved in terms of correctness, readability, or efficiency.
Pricing and Plans
- Free Default Basic Plan
- Access to non-AI features of the Formula Editor: formula formatting, evaluation, optimization, hinting, error messages, etc.
- Limited Use of AI features: formula expression, explanation. For instance, 15 AI requests maximum a month.
- Email & chat support.
- Paid Pro Plan at $5.99 USD/month
- Full access to all features of the Formula Editor: formula formatting, evaluation, optimization, hinting, error messages, etc.
- Unlimited use of AI features: formula generation, explanation.
- Priority email & chat support, including weekends; response within 3 minutes during working hours.
- Early access to new features and updates.
- Cancel anytime.
- $10 discount coupon for our course "Spreadsheet Language and Programming": English version and Chinese version.
- For the store version, there are two possible ways:
- Go to https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200001584, and click on "Get it now"
- In the Microsoft add-ins store in Excel, search "AI-aided Formula Editor", and click on "Add".
- For the desktop download version, see here.
To remove the store version,
- Click the "Insert" tab (or "Home" tab for certain versions of Excel), and then click "My Add-ins".
- Under "My Add-ins", click the 3 dots menu next to the add-in you want to remove.
- Click "Remove".
- Read the notice that appears and click "Remove".